Tuesday, January 29, 2013

NEW BLESSING - TYJ!

Well, speaking of life in the slow lane… It seems it doesn't get much slower than this. I mean how long has it been since I've put something on this blog? I don't rightly know, but it does seem like a long time – a long, long, long time…

It don't mean that nuthin's been happenin'... But it does seem like I'm pretty slow to get things on this blog. I am trying to not make this become a political blog, but since I'm involved in commenting on political things that makes it a bit rare for me to get on here. I guess I need to start paying attention to other things… Well, I do pay attention to other things, I just rarely write about them.

Recently, I read Psalms 112, and that was pretty impacting. It's all about who I am and trying to become. It's about character and about righteousness. It is about results and the ramifications of good character. It is about impacting society and the culture around us, not only for a short period, but for even after we have left this earth. . I would highly encourage you to read it with the goal of becoming the person described…

Someone left a comment on this blog, saying there was no way for anybody to become a subscriber. I have no clue how to do it. If you have an idea. Please pass that on to me, okay? TY

I do have a testimony to the very neat thing that happened and I will try to put pictures on if I can figure out how to do it – I'm not very good at this thing – I'd do better on WordPress.com or I have a blog called, "FROM THE VEST POCKET", which is more along the political lines.

Anyway, my wife and I have been wanting to go back to Pennsylvania to visit our children and grandchildren, but the cost has been prohibitive, so we were prohibited. :-) We've been thinking for quite some time, it would be a lot easier if we had an RV to be able to travel , and it would give us the added benefit of having a place to stay while visiting. One of the problems is that our kids have two story homes, which makes it difficult for us for sleeping upstairs or where the bathrooms are upstairs. because my wife and I are both handicap, this poses a problem. . So we felt an RV would be the ideal solution as it would give us the ability to travel and see different things we'd like to see. Since we've retired , as well as solving the problem of where to stay where we would have the access we need to facilities. . It would also give us the ability to "strike camp" near our Amish friends who have no electric. ( I think being in Pennsylvania and calling it dry camping would be a misnomer. During the summer because of the humidity.)

However, the problem with an RV is the money to buy one. This problem has been resolved – someone just gave us a used RV! it seems to have been well maintained and is very tight with only 68,000 miles on it as well as the previous owner having re-carpeted and put in a new refrigerator, as well as adding a cooling unit for the automatic transmission!

Of course, my wife and I had to decorate and make some small adjustments as well as the fact that we need to put on an awning. But the money was also given to us to be able to do that! So we're currently in the process of making the RV fits us. Then we will take it down on some short trips to test it out and make sure we know what were doing (not that we do) and have any bugs worked out before we head off on a long trip – just the three of us going down the road together. Oh, I had only mentioned the two of us, but the third person will be the Lord, who really is the first person. He is our Captain.

Now see if I can figure out how to add pictures – oh, by golly, I think I figured it out! There are some icons with the word link beside, hmmm… That might have something to do with it!
 1994 Winnabago
 Looking toward the bedroom
From the bedroom looking toward the cab

I think we will be very happy with this and we want it to belong to the Lord and used to glorify HIM!










No comments:

Post a Comment